As one of Ireland’s premier cycling events, the Leinster Loop sells out quickly. Places are strictly limited, so book online fast !!
Registration this year for the 145km, 100km and 55km rides is ONLINE ONLY (there will be no registration on the day for the Sunday routes). It will, however, be possible to register on the day (and online) for the Saturday 12km & 25km cycles.
All riders must sign-in prior to the event.
Saturday 27th June 2020: 4pm – 7pm.
Sunday 28th June 2020: From 8am.
On the Day
We recommend you arrive 45 mins before your route starts. It will give you time to set up your bike, sign in and get a Tea or Coffee with pastries!
On return, you can have a hot shower, join us for some complimentary hot food and soak up the atmosphere in the complex!
About the event
Reasons The Version 1 Leinster Loop is Ireland’s premier charity cycle sportive …
- Unique cycle challenge and leisure combination.
- Food before, during and after the event.
- Safety – Ireland’s best marshalled event.
- Ample parking.
- Free tea and coffee and pastries.
- Full medical support on all routes.
- Controlled start and finish areas.
- Lead and support vehicles on all routes.
- Fully signposted and road-marked routes.
- Draws for all participants to win some wonderful prizes.
- Hot showers and changing facilities.
- Hot food when you arrive back.
- You get to support two charities!
The Version 1 Leinster Loop is Ireland’s premier charity cycle sportive, starting from Old Grange, Narraghmore, Co. Kildare. The Leinster Loop has been nominated for Cycling Ireland’s Best Leisure Event in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2019. It is entirely run on a voluntary basis, and we have over 250 volunteers hard at work over the two days!
The Version 1 Leinster Loop event consists of five distinct routes: The Leinster Loop – a challenging 145km cycle through south Kildare, Laois, Kilkenny, Carlow and Wicklow; The Barrow Challenge – a 100km cycle through the river Barrow valley through Kildare, Laois and Carlow; The Cill Dara Cruise – a 55km cycle through mid Kildare; The Drummerswell 25km – a fun cycle through historic south Kildare; and The Griese Valley 12km – a family fun ramble through historic south Kildare and open to individuals and families.